Everyday dresses, evening dresses, summer dresses, festive dresses — the list is practically endless! And there are just as many different shoe options available in the shops. Not surprisingly, we often end up wondering which to choose to get the right shoes/dress combination!
How to match shoes to dresses by color and pattern
- Select shoes one shade darker than your outfit.
- The color contrast between the shoes and the dress looks good only if the shoe color matches the color of the accessories.
- White dresses are best combined with shoes in white and beige as well as with bright, multicolored, or patterned shoes.
- Brown dresses match with red shoes.
- Black dresses match well with shoes of any color.
- With multicolored dresses, wear black shoes (if the colors on the dress are dark) or white if the colors on the dress are bright.
- Sparkling dresses look best with flesh-colored shoes.
- Simply cut dresses without excessive details match best with patterned shoes (e.g. imitation crocodile skin).
Below is an invaluable guide to help you simplify these daunting decisions!
Illustrations by Ekaterina Gapanovich for BrightSide.me
The original posted on BrightSide.me